Fairhaven, MA Hazard Mitigation Plan
To become better prepared and more resilient to potential emergencies and disasters, the Town of Fairhaven is developing its first-ever natural hazard mitigation plan.
Fairhaven is vulnerable to a range of natural hazards that have the potential to cause property damage, loss of life, service disruption, economic hardship, and other adverse impacts to our community. These hazards include but are not limited to hurricanes, nor’easters, floods, severe winter storms, and other naturally occurring events that threaten our region. In recognition of these prevalent hazard threats, the Town of Fairhaven is developing a hazard mitigation plan to help improve our community’s preparedness for such events and to reduce our vulnerability to their potential impacts.
Ways to Participate
- Visit this web page often
- Download and review the Fairhaven Hazard Mitigation Plan Fact Sheet
- Participate in Public Meetings (scheduled tentatively for April and July)
- Complete the Public Opinion Survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FairhavenMA)
- Review the Draft Plan
- Fairhaven Hazard Mitigation Plan Fact Sheet
- DRAFT Hazard Mitigation Plan
- Appendix A: Risk Assessment
- Appendix B: Capability Assessment
Project in the News
For More Information
- For more information please contact Bill Roth, Director of Planning and Economic Development, at (508) 979-4082 Ext. 122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.